On 06/01/2014 03:14, Robert Haas wrote:
That's up to the application.  After calling dsm_create(), you call
dsm_segment_handle() to get the 32-bit integer handle for that
segment.  Then you have to get that to the other process(es) somehow.
If you're trying to share a handle with a background worker, you can
stuff it in bgw_main_arg.  Otherwise, you'll probably need to store it
in the main shared memory segment, or a file, or whatever.
Well, that works for sysv shm, sure. But I was interested (possibly from Konstantin) how the handle transfer takes place at the moment, particularly if it is possible to create additional segments dynamically. I haven't looked at the extension at all.