Hi,

when I remove the errno comparison and use a 1 it works:

ereport(FATAL,
        (errmsg("could not map anonymous shared memory: %m"),
         1 ?
         errhint("This error usually means that PostgreSQL's request "
                         "for a shared memory segment exceeded available memory
"
                         "or swap space. To reduce the request size (currently "
                         "%zu bytes), reduce PostgreSQL's shared memory usage, "
                         "perhaps by reducing shared_buffers or "
                         "max_connections.",
                         *size) : 0));

Same if I use an if(errno == ENOMEM) instead of the ternary operator.

Best regards,

--
 Christian Kruse               http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/