On 02/05/2014 01:41 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

On 02/03/2014 07:04 AM, Robert Haas wrote:

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 9:57 AM, Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> wrote:
It's not so long ago that they were saying they would no longer publish
free-as-in-beer command line compilers at all. The outrage made them change
their minds, but we really can't rely on only Microsoft compilers for
Windows.

+1.

It appears that LLVM supports Windows:

http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStartedVS.html

If someone wants to work on getting a Windows build working with llvm then go for it. But until then the Mingw tools are the only thing we have that we know works other than Microsoft tools. Having a compiler that's alleged to work is only one step of many in getting there.

cheers

andrew