Dear Developers,
Please help with the following problem. I am running PostgreSQL 9.2.3 on SUN
Solaris 9. This is 64 bit system with 32G swap and 16G RAM. I use same
configuration file as on Linux or SUN Solaris 10, where everything is ok. I am
unable to set shared buffer 5G, the maximum possible value is 4G. When I
decrease the configuration parameters and start the instance successfully: some
queries fails on "out of memory" error. I verified kernel parameters: they
looks same as on Solaris 10 and big enough. The only one difference is: Solaris
9 PostgreSQL version, in opposite to Solaris 10 and Linux,  was compiled by me
with default options.
My kernel is:
set semsys:seminfo_semmap=64
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=4096
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=4096
set semsys:seminfo_semmnu=4096
set semsys:seminfo_semume=64
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=500
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=0xffffffffffff
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=100
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=4096
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=100

Config.
shared_buffers = 3GB
temp_buffers = 2GB
work_mem = 1024MB

Sincerely yours,

Yuri Levinsky, DBA
Celltick Technologies Ltd., 32 Maskit St., Herzliya 46733, Israel
Mobile: +972 54 6107703, Office: +972 9 9710239; Fax: +972 9 9710222

<<inline: image002.jpg>>