Hello, very sorry to have bothered you by silly question.

me> It is in far better proportion than recovery.conf option:), since
me> it is already warned to be dangerous as its nature. Anyway I'll
me> make sure the situation under the trouble fist.

It looks exactly the 'starting up as standby of ex-master which
crashed during backup mode' case as I checked out the original
issue. I agree that no save is needed for the case since it is
simply a db corruption. Usefulness of pg_resetxlog's
resetting-backup_label-related-items feature is not clear so far,
so I don't wish it realised for this time.

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center