> On 23/03/14 15:14, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>
>> Review shadow_v6 patch
>>

>> I have only one objection - What I remember - more usual is using a list
>> instead a bitmap for these purposes - typical is DefElem struct. Isn't
>> it better?
>>

> To me it seemed that for similar use cases (list of boolean options) the
> bitmap is more common in the existing code, question might be if we go over
> the 32 bits any time soon which does not seem likely to me for the checks.

I don't afraid so 32 bits it is too low - in this case, list can be used
without compatibility issues.

if others has no problem with it, I have not a problem too.

doc should be enhanced by:

SET plpgsql.extra_warnings TO 'shadowed_variables';

CREATE FUNCTION foo(f1 int) RETURNS int AS $$
DECLARE
f1 int;
BEGIN
RETURN f1;