On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 11:03 AM, Rajeev rastogi
<rajeev.rast...@huawei.com>wrote:

> Though autonomous transaction uses mixed approach of sub-transaction as
> well as main
> transaction, transaction state of autonomous transaction is handled
> independently.

Whenever I was asked to have a look at implementing this feature, I always
wondered about the great amount of global state that a backend maintains
which is normally tied to a single top transaction. Since AT will have same
characteristics as a top level transaction, I wonder how do you plan to
separate those global state variables ? Sure, we can group them in a
structure and put them on a stack when an AT starts and pop them off when
the original top transaction becomes active again, finding all such global
state variables is going to be tricky.

Thanks,
Pavan

--