Josh Berkus <j...@agliodbs.com> writes:
> 1) I've confirmed at the 2nd site that the issue doesn't happen if
> pg_stat_statements.so is not loaded.  So this seems to be confirmation
> that either auto_explain, pg_stat_statements, or both need to be loaded
> (but not necessarily created as extensions) in order to have the issue.

I looked a little bit for possible interactions between those two modules,
and almost immediately noticed that pg_stat_statements is not being polite
enough to call any previous occupant of the post_parse_analyze_hook.
That's not the bug we're looking for, since auto_explain does not use
post_parse_analyze_hook, but it's a bug nonetheless.