On 24/04/14 07:39, Craig Ringer wrote:
On 04/17/2014 08:35 AM, Craig Ringer wrote:

As far as I can tell we have a couple of options:

- Redefine what the exit codes mean so that exit 0 suppresses
auto-restart and exits silently. Probably simplest.

I'm now strongly in favour of this alternative.

I've just noticed that the bgworker control interfaces do not honour
bgw.bgw_restart_time = BGW_NEVER_RESTART if you exit with status zero.

This means that it's not simply a problem where you can't say "restart
me if I crash, but not if I exit normally".

You also can't even say "never restart me at all". Because
"BGW_NEVER_RESTART" seems to really mean "BGW_NO_RESTART_ON_CRASH".

Yes this was one of the reasons why I complained also. Maybe it would be enough to just honor the bgw_restart_time always.