On 2014-05-15 22:27:42 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut <pete...@gmx.net> writes:
> > Mysteriously, commit 6b2a1445ec8a631060c4cbff3f172bf31d3379b9 has broken
> > the PDF build (openjade + pdfjadetex) in the 9.0 branch only.  The error
> > is
>
> > [256.0.28
> > ! pdfTeX error (ext4): \pdfendlink ended up in different nesting level than
> > \pd
> > fstartlink.

> > I have reproduced this on two different platforms, and it affects only
> > this branch.  I guess this change might have caused the page boundaries
> > to shift in an unfortunate way.  I seem to recall we have had similar
> > problems before.  Does anyone remember?
>
> Yeah.  This is caused by a hyperlink whose displayed text crosses a page
> boundary.  The only known fix is to change the text enough so the link
> no longer runs across a page boundary.  Unfortunately, pdfTeX is pretty
> unhelpful about identifying exactly where the problem is.  I seem to
> recall having posted a recipe about finding such problems.

Hm. Could a nonbreaking space be used inside such links to prevent the
issue (i.e. &nbsp;)? That seems slightly more robust than trying to
rephrase sentences to avoid the issue.
It'd even be nicer if those could be added automagically in the tex
conversio. I have no idea how that works right now though.

Greetings,

Andres Freund