On 05/20/2014 09:42 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

Regarding clock skew, I think we can do better then what you suggest.
The web transaction code in the client adds its own timestamp just
before running the web transaction. It would be quite reasonable to
reject reports from machines with skewed clocks based on this value. I'm
not sure what a reasonable skew might be. Somewhere in the range of 5 to
15 minutes seems reasonable.
Rather than reject, why not take the result and adjust the claimed start
timestamp by the difference between the web transaction timestamp and the
buildfarm server's time?

Right now I have added some logging of clock skew to see what we're actually getting.

It won't be visible in the Web UI, but when I have some data I will post more info.

cheers

andrew