On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 11:21:44AM +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> > Uh, how would that work if you want to compress the background_FPWs?
> > Use compressed_background_FPWs?
>
> We've currently got 1 technique for torn page protection, soon to have
> 2 and with a 3rd on the horizon and likely to receive effort in next
> release.
>
> It seems sensible to have just one parameter to describe the various
> techniques, as suggested. I'm suggesting that we plan for how things
> will look when we have the 3rd one as well.
>
> Alternate suggestions welcome.

I was just pointing out that we might need compression to be a separate
boolean variable from the type of page tear protection.  I know I am
usually anti-adding-variables, but in this case it seems trying to have
one variable control several things will lead to confusion.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <br...@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us

  + Everyone has their own god. +