On 06/19/2014 06:33 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
Tom,

ISTM our realistic options are for seconds or msec as the unit.  If it's
msec, we'd be limited to INT_MAX msec or around 600 hours at the top end,
which seems like enough to me but maybe somebody thinks differently?
Seconds are probably OK but I'm worried about somebody complaining that
that's not enough resolution, especially as machines get faster.
I can picture a 500ms timeout more readily than I can picture a 1000hr
timeout.

As long as we can specify the units, and don't have to say 1000 to mean 1 second, I agree. I would normally expect this to be set in terms of minutes rather than millisecs.

cheers

andrew