> Vik Fearing <vik.fear...@dalibo.com> wrote:
> > On 06/23/2014 04:51 PM, rohtodeveloper wrote:
> >> 1.SQL statement support
> >>   INSERT statement without INTO keyword
> >>   DELETE statement without FROM keywork
> >
> > Why would we want this?
>
> I'm pretty sure that the only argument for it is to ease migration
> of software from other DBMS products which allow that non-standard
> syntax for people who have chosen to use the non-standard form of
> the statement instead of the standard syntax (which is also
> available in all cases that I know of).

There is a fork of PostgreSQL  http://www.tpostgres.org/se/ what can do it
better this task. We doesn't support a special syntax for Oracle more, for
DB2 and I don't see any reason, why we should to do for T-SQL.

More - usually this is most simple part in migration from Sybase family to
PostgreSQL - there is totally different concept of stored procedures, temp
tables, and other so there is not possible simple migration without
relative hard changes in PostgreSQL parser.

> If the SQL standard were static, I would actually lean toward
> allowing it, to make it easier for people to switch to PostgreSQL.
> The biggest down side I see is the possibility that some future
> version of the standard might implement some new syntax which is
> more difficult to implement if we need to also support this
> non-standard variation.

yes.

Regards

Pavel