Abhijit Menon-Sen <a...@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> I can confirm that it works fine. I have attached here a very slightly
> tweaked version of the patch (removed trailing whitespace, and changed
> some comment text).

> I'm marking this ready for committer.

I don't know enough about XML/XPATH to know if this is a good idea or not,
but I did go read the documentation of xmlCopyNode(), and I notice it says
the second argument is

extended: if 1 do a recursive copy (properties, namespaces and children
when applicable) if 2 copy properties and namespaces (when applicable)

Do we really want it to "copy children"?  Perhaps the value should be 2?
(I have no idea, I'm just raising the question.)

I also notice that it says

Returns: a new #xmlNodePtr, or NULL in case of error.

and the patch is failing to cover the error case.  Most likely, that
would represent out-of-memory, so it definitely seems to be something
we should account for.