Currently  \pset is supported without any argument also, so same is updated in
documentation.

\pset option [ value ]
Changed to
\pset [ option [ value ] ]

This patch does update the documentation as stated, and make it consistent with the reality and the embedded psql help. This is an improvement and I recommand its inclusion.

I would also suggest to move the sentence at the end of the description:

"\pset without any arguments displays the current status of all printing options."

At then end of the first paragraph, before the detailed description of options, so as to comment directly on this non mandatory "option".

--
Fabien.