On 07/26/2014 02:22 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
On 2014-07-26 14:14:15 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:
Is there any standard set of packages on any supported platform that
will allow for building the doc PDFs? So far I have not found one on
either Fedora 20 or Ubuntu 14.04, but maybe I'm missing something.
On either Fedora or RHEL, installing the "authoring tools" package group
(not quite the right name, but it's close) has worked for me for many
years.  I've not bothered to figure out what the minimum required subset
of that might be.

Not sure what the Debian equivalent is, but borka/guaibasaurus is able to
build the docs, so the packages certainly are available.  Peter might have
a better idea.
'apt-get build-dep postgresql-$version' IIRC does the trick
there. Installs a thing or two more, but those are things that a debian
buildfarm member is going have installed anyway.

Yes, I did that and generated a PDF, but I got an enormous number of errors or warnings. See <https://www.dropbox.com/s/9n4hhijin3qn8mw/postgres-US.log> for example.

cheers

andrew