>>>>> "Robert" == Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> writes:

 Robert> I can accept ugly code, but I feel strongly that we shouldn't
 Robert> accept ugly semantics.  Forcing cube to get out of the way
 Robert> may not be pretty, but I think it will be much worse if we
 Robert> violate the rule that quoting a keyword strips it of its
 Robert> special meaning; or the rule that there are four kinds of
 Robert> keywords and, if a keyword of a particular class is accepted
 Robert> as an identifier in a given context, all other keywords in
 Robert> that class will also be accepted as identifiers in that
 Robert> context.  Violating those rules could have not-fun-at-all
 Robert> consequences like needing to pass additional context
 Robert> information to ruleutils.c's quote_identifier() function, or
 Robert> not being able to dump and restore a query from an older
 Robert> version even with --quote-all-identifiers.  Renaming the cube
 Robert> type will suck for people who are using it; but it will only
 Robert> have to be done once; weird stuff like the above will be with
 Robert> us forever.

If you look at the latest patch post, there's a small patch in it that
does nothing but unreserve the keywords and fix ruleutils to make
deparse/parse work. The required fix to ruleutils is an example of
violating your "four kinds of keywords" principle, but quoting
keywords still works.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)