On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 11:20 AM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Pavan Deolasee <pavan.deola...@gmail.com> writes:
> > Can some kind of compiler optimisation reorder things such that the "else
> > if" expression is evaluated using the old, uninitialised value of optval?
>
> Any such behavior is patently illegal per the C standard.

Thanks a lot for explaining that.

>   Not that that's
> always stopped compiler writers; but I think you might be looking at a
> compiler bug.

I'd requested the reporter to try moving the getsockopt() call outside "if"
expression. That hasn't helped. So I think its a case of getsockopt()
neither returning an error nor setting optval to any sane value. Will try
to get more details about the platform etc.

Thanks,
Pavan

--
Pavan Deolasee