On 08/29/2014 10:15 AM, Noah Misch wrote:
On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 11:29:31PM -0400, Noah Misch wrote:
On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 09:18:22AM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
What's happening about this? Buildfarm animal jacana is consistently
red because of this.
If nobody plans to do the aforementioned analysis in the next 4-7 days, I
suggest we adopt one of Michael's suggestions: force "configure" to reach its
old conclusion about getaddrinfo() on Windows.  Then the analysis can proceed
on an unhurried schedule.
Done.

Incidentally, jacana takes an exorbitant amount of time, most recently 87
minutes, to complete the ecpg-check step.  Frogmouth takes 4 minutes, and none
of the other steps have such a large multiplier between the two animals.  That
pattern isn't new and appears on multiple branches.  I wonder if ecpg tickles
a performance bug in 64-bit MinGW-w64.

Good pickup. I wonder what it could be.

cheers

andrew