Craig Ringer <cr...@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> If someone came up with a convincing PL/SQL compatibility layer then
> it'd be worth considering adopting - when it was ready. But of course,
> anyone who does the work for that is quite likely to want to sell it to
> cashed-up Oracle users looking to save a few hundred grand on per-CPU
> licensing.

As a case in point, EDB have spent quite a few man-years on their Oracle
compatibility layer; and it's still not a terribly exact match, according
to my colleagues who have looked at it.  So that is a tarbaby I don't
personally care to touch ... even ignoring the fact that cutting off
EDB's air supply wouldn't be a good thing for the community to do.