On 08/28/2014 11:38 AM, Fujii Masao wrote:
On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 5:29 PM, Ian Barwick <i...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
- minor rewording for the description, mentioning that statements will
   still be logged as DEBUG1 even if parameter set to 'off' (might
   prevent reports of the kind "I set it to 'off', why am I still seeing
   log entries?").

        <para>
         Causes each replication command to be logged in the server log.
         See <xref linkend="protocol-replication"> for more information about
         replication commands. The default value is <literal>off</>. When set
         <literal>off</>, commands will be logged at log level
<literal>DEBUG1</literal>.
         Only superusers can change this setting.
        </para>

Yep, fixed. Attached is the updated version of the patch.

I don't think it's necessary to mention that the commands will still be logged at DEBUG1 level. We log all kinds of crap at the various DEBUG levels, and they're not supposed to be used in normal operation.

- I feel it would be more consistent to use the plural form
   for this parameter, i.e. "log_replication_commands", in line with
   "log_lock_waits", "log_temp_files", "log_disconnections" etc.

But log_statement is in the singular form. So I just used
log_replication_command. For the consistency, maybe we need to
change both parameters in the plural form? I don't have strong
opinion about this.

Yeah, we seem to be inconsistent. log_replication_commands would sound better to me in isolation, but then there is log_statement..

I'll mark this as Ready for Committer in the commitfest app (I assume you'll take care of committing this yourself when ready).

- Heikki