All,

  Robert and I had a great discussion on the phone where we were both
  able to voice our concerns and feelings about RLS being pushed.  By
  way of summary, we agree that it was pushed ahead of its time and that
  it should have waited for at least another review, which likely would
  have happened even prior to the October commitfest.

  I've apologized for jumping the gun on pushing it, it wasn't the best
  move for the project as a whole and I realize that now.  Having other
  committers review and "+1" a large patch before moving forward with it
  is important, even if there is already consensus on the overall
  design, as it will help minimize the bugs and issues in PostgreSQL.

        Thanks,

                Stephen