On 09/25/2014 06:54 PM, Kevin Grittner wrote:
Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakan...@vmware.com> wrote:

You cast the TuplestoreRelation to Plan, and pass it to CopyPlanFields.
That will crash, because TuplestoreRelation is nothing like a Plan:

Oops.  That's a copy/paste error I should have noticed.  Fixed,
even though the node type might be going away.  Since all of this
seems to be working very well from a user point of view, I'm going
to try to generate a lot more regression tests against the existing
code before taking another run at the API, to make sure that things
don't break in the refactoring.

I didn't hit the copy/out bugs in testing so far -- any suggestions
on a test that would exercise this code?  (I'm probably missing
something obvious.)

There's some debugging code in tcop/postgres.c, search for COPY_PARSE_PLAN_TREES. It won't catch everything, but probably would've caught this one.

- Heikki