On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 9:51 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakan...@vmware.com>
wrote:
> So I now have a refactoring patch ready that I'd like to commit (the
attached two patches together), but to be honest, I have no idea why the
second patch is so essential to performance.
Thanks. I did some more tests with master, master+patch1, master+patch1+CRC
refactoring, but I am not able to see any performance difference with
pgbench (--no-vacuum, -t) and the test suite you provided, just some noise
that barely changed performance. Note that fd.c uses
SYNC_METHOD_FSYNC_WRITETHROUGH, so it is necessary to include xlog.h in it.
--
Michael