On 10/06/2014 07:00 PM, Gabriele Bartolini wrote:
Hello,

:

I agree that a full backup does not need to include a profile.

I've added the option to require the profile even for a full backup, as
it can be useful for backup softwares. We could remove the option and
build the profile only during incremental backups, if required. However,
I would avoid the needing to scan the whole backup to know the size of
the recovered data directory, hence the backup profile.

I really like this approach.

I think we should leave users the ability to ship a profile file even in
case of full backup (by default disabled).

I don't see the point of making the profile optional. Why burden the user with that decision? I'm not convinced we need it at all, but if we're going to have a profile file, it should always be included.

- Heikki