On 10/15/2014 07:38 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:

    On 10/13/2014 09:37 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

        On 09/26/2014 04:54 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

            Here is a patch for the generator and aggregate functions
            for jsonb that we didn't manage to get done in time for
            9.4. They are all equivalents of the similarly names json
            functions. Included are

                to_jsonb
                jsonb_build_object
                jsonb_build_array
                jsonb_object
                jsonb_agg
                jsonb_object_agg

            Still to come: documentation.

            Adding to the next commitfest.

        Revised patch to fix compiler warnings.

    And again, initializing an incompletely initialized variable, as
    found by Pavel Stehule.

I checked a code, and I have only two small objection - a name "jsonb_object_two_arg" is not good - maybe "json_object_keys_values" ?

It's consistent with the existing json_object_two_arg. In all cases I think I kept the names the same except for changing "json" to "jsonb". Note that these _two_arg functions are not visible at the SQL level - they are only visible in the C code.

I'm happy to be guided by others in changing or keeping these names.

Next: there are no tests for to_jsonb function.

Oh, my bad. I'll add some.

Thank for the review.

cheers

andrew