We already have success messages from Olivier Prenant for 7.3B4 on 8.0.0, and me for 7.1.3.

I don't believe your changes are necessary.

--On Wednesday, November 06, 2002 22:57:26 -0500 "Billy G. Allie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am including a set of 4 small patches that enable PostgreSQL 7.3b3 to
build successfully on OpenUnix 8.0.  These same patches should also work
for UnixWare 7.x.  I will confirm that tomorrow (Nov 7, 2002).

Here is an explanation of the patches:

1. An update of the FAQ_SCO file.

2. This patch removes a static declaration of a in-line function in
   src/backend/utils/sort/tuplesort.c

3. This patch to src/makefiles/Makefile.unixware, together with the patch
to    src/Makefile.global.in allows any addition library search
directories (added    with the configure --with-libraries option) to be
added to the rpath option     sent to the linker.  The use of a different
variable to pass the addition     search paths was necessary to avoid a
circular reference to LDFLAGS.

4. This patch creates the variable (trpath) used by the patch to
   Makefile.unixware.  This patch would also be for other platforms that
would     have to add the additional library search paths to  the rpath
linker option.    See Makefile.unixware for an example of how to do this.

After applying these patches, PostgreSQL successfully compiled on
OpenUnix 8  and it passed all the regression tests.

--
Larry Rosenman, Sr. Network Engineer, Internet America, Inc.
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster