On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 11:34 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapil...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am not sure why we are seeing difference even though running
> on same m/c with same configuration.

I have tried many times, but I could not get the numbers you have
posted above with HEAD, however now trying with the latest version
[1] posted by you, everything seems to be fine at this workload.
The data at higher client count is as below:

  HEAD – commit 494affb

 Shared_buffers=8GB; Scale Factor = 3000

 Client Count/No. Of Runs (tps) 64 128  Run-1 271799 247777  Run-2 274341
245207  Run-3 275019 252258

 HEAD – commit 494affb + wait free lw_shared_v2

 Shared_buffers=8GB; Scale Factor = 3000

 Client Count/No. Of Runs (tps) 64 128  Run-1 286209 274922  Run-2 289101
274495  Run-3 289639 273633

So I am planning to proceed further with the review/test of your
latest patch.

According to me, below things are left from myside:
a. do some basic tpc-b tests with patch
b. re-review latest version posted by you

I know that you have posted optimization into StrategyGetBuffer() in
this thread, however I feel we can evaluate it separately unless you
are of opinion that both the patches should go together.

[1]
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20141010111027.gc6...@alap3.anarazel.de

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.