Robert,

> To articular my own concerns perhaps a bit better, there are two major
> things I don't like about the whole DIRALIAS proposal.  Number one,
> you're creating this SQL object whose name is not actually used for
> anything other than manipulating the alias you created.  The users are
> still operating on pathnames.  That's awfully strange.

That's an interesting point and I don't disagree that it seems a little
strange.  However, isn't this approach similar if not the same (other than
operating on path names) as with some other objects, specifically rules and
policies?

-Adam

--
Adam Brightwell - adam.brightw...@crunchydatasolutions.com