On 10/29/14, 2:33 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Capture the postmaster log.  Keep on capturing it till somebody
fat-fingers their login to the extent of swapping the username and
password (yeah, I've done that, haven't you?).

Which begs the question: why on earth do we log passwords at all? This is a
problem for ALTER ROLE too.

Perhaps it would make sense if we had a dedicated security log this stuff went
into, but if you're running something like pgBadger/pgFouine you're going to be
copying logfiles off somewhere else and now you've got a security problem.

Let alone if you're using syslog...