On 11/18/2014 10:28 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
Btw, did you do a run with the buffer capture facility and checked for page
differences?

Yes. That's how I bumped into the bug fixed in c73669c0. That tool has been tremendously helpful.

Except that, after going through the code once again, ISTM that the patch
is in a nice state. It may be better to wait for some input from Andres, he
may catch some issues I haven't spotted.

Yeah, I'm sure there are tons of small things. I'll have to take a small break and read through the patch myself after a few days. But I'd like to get this committed pretty soon. I believe everyone agrees with the big picture, even if there's some little tweaking left to do. It's a pain to maintain as a patch, and I believe the FPW compression patch is waiting for this to land.

- Heikki