(2014/11/19 14:55), Etsuro Fujita wrote:
(2014/11/18 18:37), Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 1:55 PM, Etsuro Fujita
<fujita.ets...@lab.ntt.co.jp <mailto:fujita.ets...@lab.ntt.co.jp>> wrote:
    (2014/11/17 19:54), Ashutosh Bapat wrote:

        Here are comments for postgres_fdw-syscol patch.

        3. Since there is already a testcase which triggered this
particular
        change, it will good, if we add that to regression in
postgres_fdw.

    Done.

I think, a better case would be SELECT * FROM ft1 t1, pg_class t2 WHERE
t1.tableoid = t2.oid. The condition makes sure that the tableoid in the
row is same as the OID of the foreign table recorded in pg_class
locally. And the EXPLAIN of the query which clearly shows that the
tableoid column in not fetched from the foreign server.

I thought that test, but I didn't use it because I think we can't see
(at least from the EXPLAIN) why the qual is not pushed down: the qual
isn't pushed down possibly becasue the qual is considered as a *join*
qual, not because the qual just cotains tableoid.  (Having said that, I
think we can see if the qual isn't pushed down as a join qual for a
parameterized plan, but ISTM it's worth complicating regression tests.)

Sorry, I incorrectly wrote the last sentence. What I tried to write is, ISTM it's *not* worth complicating regression tests.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita