On 09/25/2014 05:10 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 2:34 PM, Fabien COELHO <coe...@cri.ensmp.fr> wrote:
Sigh.

How to transform a trivial 10 lines patch into a probably 500+ lines project
involving flex & bison & some non trivial data structures, and which may get
rejected on any ground...

Maybe I'll set that as a student project.

I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill.  I implemented
this today in about three hours.  The patch is attached.  It needs
more testing, documentation, and possibly some makefile adjustments,
but it seems to basically work.

Looks good to me. The new modulo operator needs documentation, and it could use a pgindent run, but other than that I think this is ready for commit.

It would be nice to go even further, and replace process_file, process_builtin, and process_commands altogether with a Bison parser. But this is definitely a step in the right direction.

- Heikki