On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 06:52, Evgen Potemkin wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I want to propose the patch for adding the hierarchical queries posibility.
> It allows to construct queries a la Oracle for ex:
> SELECT a,b FROM t CONNECT BY a PRIOR b START WITH cond;B

Great addition.  But please use the SQL 99 syntax for recursive queries
(if you need the full segment, I can send them to you):

Section 7.13 of Part 2:

         Format

         <search or cycle clause> ::=
                <search clause>
              | <cycle clause>
              | <search clause> <cycle clause>

         <search clause> ::=
              SEARCH <recursive search order> SET <sequence column>

         <recursive search order> ::=
                DEPTH FIRST BY <sort specification list>
              | BREADTH FIRST BY <sort specification list>

         <sequence column> ::= <column name>

         <cycle clause> ::=
              CYCLE <cycle column list>
              SET <cycle mark column> TO <cycle mark value>
              DEFAULT <non-cycle mark value>
              USING <path column>

         <cycle column list> ::=

         <cycle column> ::= <column name>

         <cycle mark column> ::= <column name>

         <path column> ::= <column name>

         <cycle mark value> ::= <value expression>

         <non-cycle mark value> ::= <value expression>

--
Rod Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>