On 12/7/14, 1:48 PM, John Gorman wrote:
This patch implements the first wiki/Todo Configuration Files item "Consider
normalizing fractions in postgresql.conf, perhaps using '%'".

FWIW, I've reviewed this (should have read the thread first :/). It looks
clean, passes make check and works as advertised. I also looked at what config
options were set to be % and they make sense. Looking for .[0-9] in
postgresql.conf, the only GUCs I saw where % didn't make sense was the two geco
GUCs Heikki mentioned.

One thing I don't like is the need to wrap a %-based SET in quotes, but we need
to do that for all GUCs that include units, so presumably there's no good way
around it.