On 23/12/14 22:36, Ravi Kiran wrote:
hi all,

Is postgres source code compatible with mysql database?? If it is, could
someone could give me some links so that I can do that.

I want to hack into the postgres source code, but as I am comfortable
with mysql, I want to use the mysql database not postgres.

any references would be fine.

I'm wondering if you are thinking that you can use Postgres as a Mysql storage engine? While Mysql does has pluggable storage engines...Postgres is not designed to be able to be used in this way (that would be an interesting - but big and probably controversial project to undertake).

So if you are more familiar with Mysql, why not hack Innodb?

Regards

Mark