On 12/30/2014 09:40 AM, Abhijit Menon-Sen wrote:
Hi.

I'm re-attaching the two patches as produced by format-patch. I haven't
listed any reviewers. It's either just Andres, or maybe a lot of people.

Is anyone in a position to try out the patches on MSVC and see if they
build and work sensibly, please? (Otherwise it may be better to remove
those bits from the patch for now.)

A couple of quick comments:

bswap32 is unused on on little-endian systems. That will give a compiler warning.

pg_comp_crc32c_sse processes one byte at a time, until the pointer is 4-bytes aligned. Then it processes 8 bytes at a time. So it fetches the 8-byte chunks from only 4-byte aligned addresses. Is that intentional? If unaligned access performs well, why bother with the initial byte-at-a-time processing at all?

- Heikki