On 1/6/15, 6:15 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Jim Nasby <jim.na...@bluetreble.com> writes:
On 1/6/15, 3:30 PM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
I dont know why it is really needed but maybe for the files that have
identical copyrights one could simple reference to the COPYRIGHT file we
already have in the tree?

+1

Unless either of you is a copyright lawyer, your opinion on whether that's
sufficient is of zero relevance.

No, but a friend's dad is. I could probably get his opinion on it if that would
be helpful.

Personally I think it's just fine if we have some mechanism that forces
text files to have trailing newlines ;-)

Which is what I was suggesting... ;) AFAIK that would be a matter of installing
the appropriate hook on git.postgresql.org.

https://www.google.com/search?q=git+enforce+trailing+newline