On 01/27/2015 02:28 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:
On 01/27/2015 01:40 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
In particular, I would like to suggest that the current representation of
\u0000 is fundamentally broken and that we have to change it, not try to
band-aid around it.  This will mean an on-disk incompatibility for jsonb
data containing U+0000, but hopefully there is very little of that out
there yet.  If we can get a fix into 9.4.1, I think it's reasonable to
consider such solutions.
Hmm, OK. I had thought we'd be ruling that out, but I agree if it's on
the table what I suggested is unnecessary.
Well, we can either fix it now or suffer with a broken representation
forever.  I'm not wedded to the exact solution I described, but I think
we'll regret it if we don't change the representation.

The only other plausible answer seems to be to flat out reject \u0000.
But I assume nobody likes that.

I don't think we can be in the business of rejecting valid JSON.

cheers

andrew