On 01/30/2015 07:48 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
Ok, so the deal is to finally reduce the locks to
ShareRowExclusiveLock for the following commands :
- CREATE TRIGGER
- ALTER TABLE ENABLE/DISABLE
- ALTER TABLE ADD CONSTRAINT

Correct. I personally still find this useful enough to justify a patch.

Looking at the latest patch, it seems that in
AlterTableGetLockLevel@tablecmds.c we ought to put AT_ReAddConstraint,
AT_AddConstraintRecurse and AT_ProcessedConstraint under the same
banner as AT_AddConstraint. Thoughts?

Good point. I think moving those would be a good thing even though it is technically not necessary for AT_AddConstraintRecurse, since that one should only be related to check constraints.

--
Andreas