On 1/30/15 11:08 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
The final patch attached her (parallel-dummy-v2.patch) has been
updated slightly to incorporate some prefetching logic.  It's still
just demo code and is not intended for commit.  I'm not sure whether
the prefetching logic can actually be made to improve performance,
either; if anyone feels like playing with that and reporting results
back, that would be swell.

Wouldn't we want the prefetching to happen after ReadBuffer() instead of before? This way we risk pushing the buffer we actually want out, plus if it's not already available the OS probably won't try and read it until it's read all the prefetch blocks.