"Matthew T. O'Connor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Right now AVD only performs vacuum analyze on specific tables as it deems they
> need it, it does not perform vacuum on entire databases at any point yet.

See
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.2/postgres/routine-vacuuming.html

However I think that only talks about XID wraparound and datfrozenxid.
pg_clog recycling is driven off the oldest datvacuumxid in pg_database;
the AVD should think about launching a database-wide vacuum whenever
age(datvacuumxid) exceeds a million or two.