On 25/02/15 12:47, Michael Paquier wrote:

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 8:03 AM, Mark Kirkwood
<mark.kirkw...@catalyst.net.nz <mailto:mark.kirkw...@catalyst.net.nz>>
wrote:

    On 25/02/15 11:06, Ratay, Steve wrote:

        I have checked out the pg_rewind code from
        https://github.com/vmware/pg_rewind.git on the master branch and
        am using PostgreSQL 9.4.1 source code to build against.  When I
        try to compile pg_rewind, I am getting the following errors.
        How can I resolve these problems?

    It looks like master of pg_rewind expects to be built against
    Postgres 9.5. Try checking out the REL9_4_STABLE branch.

  This branching model makes management of the code easier because
WAL-related APIs and WAL format can change a lot between major releases
(and also because in this case it would have made the code less readable
using blocks based on PG_VERSION_NUM for not that much result).

Absolutely - and you've used the same branch names as the postgresql git repo does - so really nice and easy to match things up!

Cheers

Mark