On 26/02/15 13:32, Simon Riggs wrote:
On 25 February 2015 at 23:30, Jim Nasby <jim.na...@bluetreble.com> wrote:

That said, I don't want to block this; I think it's useful. Though, perhaps
it would be better as an extension instead of in contrib? I don't think it
should be very version dependent?

The whole point of this is to get it into contrib.

It could have published it as an extension months ago.

Is this intended to replace pg_freespacemap? Not trying to be overprotective or anything :-) but is this new extension/module better/faster/stronger/more accurate etc? If so then excellent! Ohth was wondering if people either a) didn't know about pg_freespacemap or b) consider that it is crap and won't use it.

Cheers

Mark