 >> You might want to try running the same test, but after patching
 >> ExecSupportsMarkRestore to return false for index scans. This will
 >> cause the planner to insert a Materialize node to handle the
 >> mark/restore.

 Kyotaro> Mmm? The patch bt-nopin-v1.patch seems not contain the change
 Kyotaro> for ExecSupportMarkRestore and the very simple function remain
 Kyotaro> looking to return true for T_Index(Only)Scan after the patch
 Kyotaro> applied.

Right. I'm suggesting you change that, in order to determine what
performance cost, if any, would result from abandoning the idea of doing
mark/restore entirely.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)