On 03/09/2015 09:46 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
Alvaro Herrera <alvhe...@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
Michael Paquier wrote:
When running the test suite of ecpg, build generates a set of obj
files and it happens that those files are not ignored in the code
tree.
Wouldn't this be simpler as a *.obj pattern somewhere?  Maybe in
ecpg/test/.gitignore add this line?
Actually, if we are supporting toolchains that generate *.obj files,
I'd expect the top-level .gitignore to ignore them, as it does *.o.
But if that's the issue why have we not heard complaints before?

Probably because while there is lots of use on Windows there is probably very little development.

+1 for adding a top level .gitignore entry.

cheers

andrew