On 3/11/15 1:19 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
<mailto:robertmh...@gmail.com>>:

    On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 5:53 PM, Jim Nasby <jim.na...@bluetreble.com
    <mailto:jim.na...@bluetreble.com>> wrote:
    > I don't think we need both array_offset and array_offset_start; can't both
    > SQL functions just call one C function?

    Not if you want the opr_sanity tests to pass.

    (But I'm seriously starting to wonder if that's actually a smart rule
    for us to be enforcing.  It seems to be something of a pain in the
    neck, and I'm unclear as to whether it is preventing any real
    problem.)

It is simple protection against some oversights.  I am not against this
check - this rule cleans a interface between C and SQL. More, the
additional C code is usually very short and trivial.

But it should be commented well.

Ahh, ok, makes more sense now. If the separate C functions are serving a purpose that's fine. I think the comment should mention it though, as it's not exactly the most obvious thing.