Jeevan Chalke wrote:
> Álvaro,
>
> I think, there are few open questions here and thus marking it back to
> "Waiting on Author".
>
> Please have your views on the review comments already posted.

For some reason I missed your previous email.

> Also make changes as Tom suggested about placing pstate at the beginning.

Sure.

> 1.
> postgres=# create or replace function
> f1(a abc.test.id%type) returns int as
> $$ select 1; $$
> language sql;
> ERROR:  schema "abc" does not exist
>
> Is that expected?

Type resolution for function arguments happens at execution time,
in interpret_function_parameter_list() as called by CreateFunction().
We don't have a pstate at that point which is why location is not
reported.  Fixing that seems like a whole new project.

> 2.
> Also what about pushing setup_parser_errposition_callback() inside
> func_get_detail() as well, just to limit it for namespace lookup?

Hm, that sounds more reasonable.  Actually it means we have to drill
all the way down to FuncnameGetCandidates.