I mean, when the index is created over the text column, instead of just
indexing the text as-is, index the txt2txtidx'd version...?
For two reasons:
1. gist_txtidx_ops create with loss information (for less size), so any operation with index must be checked
with original txtidx value. The way " REATE INDEX my_idx ON test USING gist(txt2txtidx(a))" may decreas performance :(
2 OpenFTS. We wanted that txtidx works with OpenFTS. And adding dictionaries, txt2txtidx, trigger, type mquery_txt etc
was an experiment.
--
Teodor Sigaev
[EMAIL PROTECTED]